Ask an Engineer 2019-12-10T09:50:59+00:00

Home Forums The Connectivity Community Ask an Engineer

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I need a switch with IP69 rating. That works with a voltage between 10 and 12 V. I was checking the capacitive or piezo switches, but the only problem is that the LED light only works at 12 V or 24 V. Can they work at a lower voltage or is there a way to add an input for the LED to work at another voltage (5V- continuous)? Thanks

Okan E.
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to find out what alloy of brass/copper are the part below is made from. can you please let me know the type?

PN# C1350ARBB

Thomas Glenday
    Participant

Hi Karie,
    Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately we do not offer any Wifi controlled switches to suit your application.
    Regards Thomas.

Thomas Glenday
    Participant

Hi Pietro,
    Thank you for your enquiry. This would fall into our custom solutions side of the business, it is certainly possible to offer this solution. If you could submit an enquiry here https://www.bulgin.com/en/about/contact-us/ a member of our sales team will contact you to further discuss your requirements.
    Regards Thomas.

Thomas Glenday
    Participant

Hi David,
    The submersion is not an issue in terms of the IP rating of the connectors. You are correct in stating the materials as Polyamide or Polyurethane, depending on the product type selected. If you are able to advise further the specific product of interest to you we can advise on materials in terms of compatibility with drinking water applications.
    Regards Thomas.

Thomas Glenday
    Participant

Hi David,
    The capacitive switches will operate at 10-12 VDC, there is not a separate input for LED illumination.
    Regards Thomas.

Thomas Glenday
    Participant

Hi Okan,
    The part number provided is for a rocker switch assembly, this contains a number of metallic components. Are you able to provide further detail as to the nature of your enquiry?
    Regards Thomas.

David
    Participant

Hi, the specific connector I’m interested for the drinking water application is the Rear Panel Mounting Connector PX0413 and the sealing cap PX0480. The Flex cable connector will only be used outside of the water.
    Thanks!

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hi David, I had a look at the PX0413 & PX0480 and they are made of Polyamide which means they are not supposed to be in contact with drinking water. I am afraid we don’t supply any drinking water connectors as very limited materials are safe for this application. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards Jose.

mark hunter
    Participant

Hey Luke, I’m using an in line flex cable connector, 6 pin, on the top of my mast to connect wind instruments. I cannot get it waterproof where the wire enters
    The cable is 6 mm and I’m using the black rubber plug, should I use a grey one?
    Am I not screwing the lock nut in far enough?
    Are the rubber plugs single use only?
    Thx

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hi Mark, different rubber plugs are supplied to fit the diameter of your wire. Try using the grey rubber plug and lock the nut far enough so the rubber plug squeezes your wire. Rubber plugs can be used several times unless they are damaged. Regards Jose.

Mattias
    Participant

Hi

I’m trying to design with the 5-pin version of the Bulgin M8 Rear Panel Mounting connector for PCB, part number PXMBNI08RPM05BPC

I have the data sheet “Circular Automation Connectors” from Bulgin, but it is not possible to deduct from it the position of the pins in relation to component center axis. Data is missing in the illustration on page 164. There is not enough data in this illustration to know how the pins are placed in relation to the center.

None of the CAD-models online have the 5 pin version (only 3 pin), so no help there.

Pls help me find the hole pattern for this product.
    BR/Mattias

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hi Mattias, the M8 Rear Panel Mounting connector for PCB PXMBNI08RPM05BPC is a 5-pin as you described. Pins are in the “B” code position. Scroll down 9 pages where you see the Contact Diagrams and you will see the front view of the 5 pole “B” code connector (third diagram from the top). Regards Jose

Mattias
    Participant

Thank you Jose. Yes. I’m familiar with this diagram, but I can’t translate it into a 2D footprint.
    For example, what is the distance from pin 5 to any other pin or the center?
    What is the vertical distance from pins 1 and 3 to the horizontal crosshair centerline? (The same goes for pins 2 and 4)

Is the key to all this baked into the “B” designation somehow? If so, where can I find it?
    Again, thanks for your help.

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hi Mattias, I see what you mean now. I will give you the X,Y coordinates for the 5 poles taking as (0,0) the centre. Pole 1 (-1.7,-0.35). Pole 2 (-0.975,1.45). Pole 3 (1.7,-0.35). Pole 4 (0.975,1.45). Pole 5 (0,-1.35). You can find the position of the pins in various European Standards. Regards Jose

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.