Ask an Engineer 2019-12-10T09:50:59+00:00

Home Forums The Connectivity Community Ask an Engineer

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Awesome, many thanks!

James
    Participant

Good Afternoon!

We use the BZV01/Z0000/01(SP) IEC inlet socket and we seem to have a lot of failures with the switches, where by they stop operating. We have made sure that the they are required correctly but it’s causing us a problem as these are located all over the UK. The maximum load we put through the switch is around 4 amps so this is well within tolerance.

Any advice on what we can do or if there a is a replacement product that will fit the same aperture then could you please offer a part number?

Thanks in advance!
    James

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hello James, Thanks for your query. Unfortunately, I can’t help you on this forum. You need to contact the customer support service in the following link. https://www.bulgin.com/en/about/contact-us/ . Sorry for the inconvenience. Kind regards Jose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to crimp the connectors for the Bulgin 400 series with a standard crimp tool? I am making a small project with about 100 connections and cannot afford the Bulgin crimp tool. – Female connector Male connector

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hello Sam, thank you for using Bulgin connectors. It is possible to crimp the Series 400 contacts with any crimp tool that does 24AWG – 28AWG (depending on your cable). Kind regards Jose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Jose,.
    Great to know. What type of crimp is needed. Is it a closed barrel crimp? Is there a cheaper tool which would be optimal for the job. I have an engineer pa21 but it is mainly designed for open barrel crimping,

Thanks again,
    Sam

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hello Sam, It is a closed barrel crimp indeed. Therefore, I don’t think the Engineer pa21will do the job as it is for open barrel. Sorry I can’t recommend you any tool from another brand. Kind regards Jose.

Anders Dahlqvist
    Participant

Hey,
    I am developing a potential product for my thesis project and I have been looking for a cad model of your 4000 C-Type Series USB Buccaneer (PXP4043/C) but I haven’t been able to find one on your site. Seems like something that should exist somewhere.

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hello Anders, I just send you an email with the PXP4043/C file attached. I hope that helps to your thesis. Regards Jose

Anders Dahlqvist
    Participant

Thank you!

noreensherk
    Participant

i ask some designer.?

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hello, my name is Jose and I am mechanical design engineer. How can I help? Regards Jose

Michal Dvorak
    Participant

Hello,
    I am trying to connect your Green/Blue panel mounting indicator MPI002/28/D5. This indicator is controlled via Raspberry pi2 model B. What sort of connection would you recommend to implement to be able to execute following functions blink green, blink blue, blink geen/blue.
    I also found in the datasheet that both diodes have different forward voltages, be it by their different light intensities im guessing. Would you kindly elaborate on this matter ? Would it be possible to use 1 to 2 demux with one resistor to control their blinking this way? My aim is to use the simplest connection possible with components adhere to automotive standard (AEC-Q100).
    Thank you for your answer and I wish you a nice day.

Michal

Jose Latre
    Participant

Hi Michal, I’d recommend the following configuration for the following lighting functions:
    – Blink Green: 3.6V 20mA on the + LED terminal pin & 0V on the – LED terminal pin.
    – Blink Blue: 3.6V 20mA on the – LED terminal pin & 0V on the + LED terminal pin.
    – Blink Green/Blue: Do you mean green and blue at the same time? If so, that’s not possible.
    In this particular case (D5) the forward voltage and current is the same for both colours. However, the luminous intensity is different. Different LED types are fitted across this type of switch in order to light each colour as intended.
    It is possible to use a 1 to 2 Demux in order to control the blinking of the switch.
    Let me know if you have any questions. Regards Jose

peter laskaris
    Participant

I need a bulgin cable for a 1969 Super PA 100 Marshall . Can you build me one ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.