Mechanical Design Engineer (Elektron Technology)
Reporting to: Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer (Elektron Technology) is responsible for the research, design, development and qualification of NPD for the Elektron Technology working on the Elektron Eye Technology and CheckIt brands as overseen by the Senior Mechanical Engineer(s). Primary function is to analyse problems / undertake research and contribute to design, development, prototyping, and qualification. This could also mean occasional travel (Subject to Company guide lines and Government travel Advice).
- Consistent production of quality work for projects according to budgets, quality standards, specifications, time-scales with supervision from the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Analyse problems / undertake research and contribute to design solutions within a project
- Understand and support Project Manager’s expectations within the project frame
- Present work to Project Manager / Project Team
- Meet quality standards, time-scales and specifications
- Contribute to sales activities through delivery of good quality work
- Good degree in Engineering discipline, with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills for various engineering challenges
- Potential to quickly offer engineering work (i.e. ability to illustrate engineering ideas through conceptual ideas and prototyping)
- 2D/3D CAD design and tolerance stack-up analysis (ideally Creo / Solidworks)
- Effective organisation and planning skills
- Will show good communication skills with colleagues and suppliers
- Clear and effective presentation / technical writing skills
- Competence in technical documentation (e.g. Will have written a design / requirement spec, acceptance test spec, etc)
- Commercial awareness of market areas relevant to technical area
- Up to date knowledge of latest developments within field
- Previous experience with designing products for harsh environments or the industrial consumer market would be advantageous.