OPERATIONS & SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
Based at our manufacturing facility in West Molesey – Surrey, we are now seeking to recruit an Operations & Supplier Quality Engineer.
The Operations Quality Engineer provides quality support for improving the Supply Chain & Service Operations. This also includes supporting Procurement for improving the quality of all of our Suppliers and the successful introduction of new products and components.
- Handling Customer Complaints and Customer Returns (RMA) via IFS, and Survey Responses via Web Monkey.
- Co-ordinate Process Characterisation/Lean programmes, that included process mapping, FMEA, identification of critical parameters, MSA, Process Capability, DOE, TPM, SPC, and Control Plans via Minitab or IFS.
- Set up and management of Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Quality Plans, and management of stop builds and shipments.
- Provide Quality Training & Coaching.
- Co-ordination of NCR, MRB and scrap reduction.
- Supporting test and process targets setting, monitoring, and continual improvement planning.
- Support internal QMS auditing and product quality inspections.
- Support new product development and introduction (NPD & NPI) and changes, including managing the Piece Part Approval Process (PPAP). Support conducting of the process FMEA. This also includes factored and outsourced product.
- Support Prototype, Pilot and Product Launch and Ship Acceptance Activities
- The resolution and prevention of Supplier quality issues, including the management of the SCAR process. Also, manage Incoming Inspection.
- Supporting commodity management to improve supplier base and management of approved supplier lists. Support Supplier selection, development and assessments.
- Support the introduction of new and revised tools, e.g. mould tools.
- Support the supplier charge back process.
- Support Service & Repair Organisation.
- Supporting legal compliance, e.g. REACH, ROHS and conflict minerals.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have a good understanding of sound business practices and QMS to ISO9000 or TS16949 or equivalent, in medium sized technology related enterprise in supply chain and service operations.
- Competent in the timely resolution of customer, quality and supplier issues by driving root cause analysis through the use of processes such as 8D.
- Develop improvement plans to drive long term performance improvement.
- Understand project and customer contract requirements and ensure necessary flow down to suppliers for compliance.
- Commodity Knowledge – Raw Materials and mechanical, electrical and electronics.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical ability and communication skills and is able to travel extensively within the UK and abroad.
- A positive and enthusiastic personality, influencing, communications, technical, and decision making skills.
- Must be a self-manager, capable and able to manage a diverse workload with minimum supervision.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) or a related discipline.
- Green or Black belt certified would be advantageous.
- A qualified lead assessor for ISO9000 and /or TS16949 audit qualification is essential.
- UK car driving licence.
- Current passport