Press Setter / Toolroom Technician
Bulgin is widely recognised as a leading manufacturer of environmentally sealed connectors and components. With over 95 years of experience in the industry, Bulgin continues to innovate and develop products and services to cater for its global customer base across a variety of markets.
We are looking for an experienced Press Setter / Toolroom Technician to join our busy Press Shop team in West Molesey. From mechanical drawings, the post holder shall make bespoke component parts that are used across multiple industries; ensuring that production targets are achieved. The main duties of the role are press setting and tool maintenance and improvement.
- Usage of conventional Toolroom equipment e.g. surface grinders, manual milling machines, lathes etc.
- Undertaking maintenance and repair of press tools
- Setting and running of power presses and weld heads
- Completing maintenance and repairs of D1 weld heads.
- Ensure machine tools run at optimum efficiency, and provide solutions for improvement
- Ensure quality control procedures are adhered to
- Completing daily routine “clean and checks”
Qualification and experience
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Hold a current Power Press Regulations certificate
- Previous press setting experienced gained within a similar industry / discipline
- Experience of using tool room equipment i.e. surface grinders, manual milling machines, lathes etc.
- The setting and running of power presses.
- Use of ERP systems – IFS desirable
- Solid understanding of safe working practices
Our successful candidate will be a proactive individual who works well on their own initiative and as part of a collaborative team. You will have good attention to detail and problem solving skills along with the ability to work to production schedules. You will be safety conscious and take a proactive approach to continuous improvement practices.
What we offer
We have significant growth plans and are seeking talented individuals to enhance our capabilities. There has never been a better time to join us! We can offer you the opportunity to further your career working alongside some of the best industry experts. We offer a collaborative and innovative working culture alongside a competitive salary and benefits package consisting of:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- 4 X Life Assurance cover
- Matched pension contribution scheme
- Innovation and recognition award schemes.
- Modern working environment
- Flexible working
If you and feel you have the required skills and experience to be our new Project Engineer we are excited to hear from you! Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 11th September and we’ll be in touch shortly.