Design Quality Engineer
Based at our R&D Centre in Cambridge, we are now seeking to recruit a high calibre Design Quality Engineer.
The Design Quality Engineer will support the R&D department, ensuring the successful development and introduction of new solutions and products.
To ensure product development teams utilise appropriate engineering and scientific rigor during development of products throughout the product lifecycle. To lead from a quality perspective the preparation of risk management plans, review and approval of design control documents, and support design verification and validation activities.
• Work with product development teams throughout the product development life cycle to ensure hardware and software quality requirements and goals are established and met.
• Integrate quality into projects in all phases of the hardware and software development life cycle.
• Coach and train the teams on quality engineering and risk management practices.
• Drive effective hardware and software design best practices to ensure project work products comply with applicable standards & requirements.
• Provide input into program deliverables and milestones regarding quality resources, schedule, goals, etc.
• Quality point of contact on product development teams and design reviews.
• Drive actions from previous post-project reviews to closure, including process/work product audits.
• Quality gate approval representative for new product development and introduction projects.
• Support Prototype, Pilot and Product Launch and Ship Acceptance Activities
• Perform design control activities; ensure design control documentation and design change control requirements are met and appropriately traced throughout the development process and in the design history file.
• Drive the creation of an appropriate risk management plan at the start of a project and maintain the plan through all phases of development; support risk assessment activities through DFMEA, PFMEA and other quality risk analysis techniques in order to manage potential risk during development and release.
• Support manufacturing site inspections and audits for compliance with design controls of products.
• Leading hardware and software quality and reliability planning and process Improvements
• Provide comprehensive release assessments and ensure quality metric dashboards are accurate and updated.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
• Introduced and released new solutions and products, preferably in an electrical and electronics industry.
• Instrumental in the development of robust new product introduction or product life cycle processes, including software, firmware and hardware, in an ISO9000, ISO13485, Agile, TickIT, SEI CMM or equivalent environment.
• A good understanding of Design, Development, New Product Introduction best practises, including methodologies, procedures and tools.
• Competent in design quality, reliability, risk management, and statistical tools and techniques, and it would be advantageous to be a qualified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
• Experience and knowledge required in product and part qualification, environmental and reliability testing, and product regulatory approvals.
• An excellent team player with good communications, problem solving and influencing skills acquired in a technical community.
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) or a related discipline.
• Green or Black belt certified would be advantageous.
• A qualified lead assessor for ISO9000, IS13485 and /or TS16949 audit qualification.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this position.
Do you have a question or a project enquiry that you'd like to talk to us about?