Operations & Supplier Quality Engineer
Based at our manufacturing facility in West Molesey - Surrey, we are now seeking to recruit an Operations & Supplier Quality Engineer.
The Operations Quality Engineer provides quality support for improving the Supply Chain & Service Operations. This also includes supporting Procurement for improving the quality of all of our Suppliers and the successful introduction of new products and components.
• Handling Customer Complaints and Customer Returns (RMA) via IFS, and Survey Responses via Web Monkey.
• Co-ordinate Process Characterisation/Lean programmes, that included process mapping, FMEA, identification of critical parameters, MSA, Process Capability, DOE, TPM, SPC, and Control Plans via Minitab or IFS.
• Set up and management of Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Quality Plans, and management of stop builds and shipments.
• Provide Quality Training & Coaching.
• Co-ordination of NCR, MRB and scrap reduction.
• Supporting test and process targets setting, monitoring, and continual improvement planning.
• Support internal QMS auditing and product quality inspections.
• Support new product development and introduction (NPD & NPI) and changes, including managing the Piece Part Approval Process (PPAP). Support conducting of the process FMEA. This also includes factored and outsourced product.
• Support Prototype, Pilot and Product Launch and Ship Acceptance Activities
• The resolution and prevention of Supplier quality issues, including the management of the SCAR process. Also, manage Incoming Inspection.
• Supporting commodity management to improve supplier base and management of approved supplier lists. Support Supplier selection, development and assessments.
• Support the introduction of new and revised tools, e.g. mould tools.
• Support the supplier charge back process.
• Support Service & Repair Organisation.
• Supporting legal compliance, e.g. REACH, ROHS and conflict minerals.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
• Must have a good understanding of sound business practices and QMS to ISO9000 or TS16949 or equivalent, in medium sized technology related enterprise in supply chain and service operations.
• Competent in the timely resolution of customer, quality and supplier issues by driving root cause analysis through the use of processes such as 8D.
• Develop improvement plans to drive long term performance improvement.
• Understand project and customer contract requirements and ensure necessary flow down to suppliers for compliance.
• Commodity Knowledge – Raw Materials and mechanical, electrical and electronics.
• Self-motivated with strong analytical ability and communication skills and is able to travel extensively within the UK and abroad.
• A positive and enthusiastic personality, influencing, communications, technical, and decision making skills.
• Must be a self-manager, capable and able to manage a diverse workload with minimum supervision.
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) or a related discipline.
• Green or Black belt certified would be advantageous.
• A qualified lead assessor for ISO9000 and /or TS16949 audit qualification is essential.
• UK car driving licence.
• Current passport
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this position.
Do you have a question or a project enquiry that you'd like to talk to us about?