WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD
Based at our manufacturing facility in West Molesey – Surrey, we are now seeking to recruit a Warehouse Team Lead.
Reporting to the Group Logistics Manager, you will play a key part in the day to day running of the Warehouse. This role is pivotal to the stock control of the West Molesey site and the delivery of product to our customers.
Working on a day-to-day basis with internal and external customers and couriers, we are looking for a strong team leader who possesses the ability to work unsupervised. As with any Warehouse role, it is physically demanding and we are looking for someone that will help embrace change and assist in the transformation of our business.
- Leadership of warehouse team.
- Prioritization and allocation of work across the team. This includes the pick/pack of customer orders, shop order pick to support production and goods in/out.
- Cross functional training / development of warehouse team.
- Efficient and effective utilization of available storage space
- Receiving, handling, movement and stores of products and materials.
- Inventory management.
- Monitor KPI’s and investigate issues when they occur to fix the root cause.
- Generating documentation for material movements, including all paperwork.
- Perpetual Stock Taking (Cycle Counting).
- Ensure team carry out final visual inspection, appropriate packaging and loading of equipment for despatch.
- Ensure all storage areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are carried out throughout the team.
- Co-operation with colleagues to support West Molesey in achieving objectives.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Management within the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a Team Leader or Supervisory Role.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to motivate a team.
- Allocating work and daily targets to team members.
- Good working knowledge of warehouse processes and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge required in product and part qualification, environmental and reliability testing, and product regulatory approvals.
- Willing and keen to undertake relevant training to develop skills in relation to the post.
- Ability to plan and organise work schedule.
- Awareness of Health & Safety Requirements.
- Ability to deal with large amounts of paperwork methodically and quickly.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to effectively use and maintain data within IFS (after training).
- Counterbalance forklift license would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and be numerate.