Bulgin is widely recognised as a leading manufacturer of environmentally sealed connectors and components. With over 95 years of experience in the industry, Bulgin continues to innovate and develop products and services to cater for its global customer base across a variety of markets. Due to an exciting phase of growth we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our busy Engineering team based in Cambridge.
To provide Mechanical design input into assigned New Product Development projects. This includes completing research, analysing problems and providing solutions by contributing to design, development, prototyping, qualification and launch of new product offerings. A good understanding of electronics would be a distinct advantage.
- Completing New Engineering Request tasks as assigned by Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Producing CAD models and drawings to a high standard
- Managing NPD project tasks as assigned, reporting on project progress to Project Engineer / Engineering Manager
- Management of product configurations using DDM
- Chairs and contributes to Engineering review meetings
- Provides technical expertise in the development of new products
Qualification and Experience:
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, ideally with 3 years’ experience, gained within a similar role.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in the use of 3D design software packages (preferably with strong familiarisation in Solidworks/Creo)
- Ability to clearly illustrate/communicate technical ideas
- Experience of using FEA simulation packages to analyse product performance and enhance detailed design
- A good understanding of electronics/electrical design
- A familiarisation of relevant industry standards (IP ratings, ATEX, etc.)
- Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
- Hands on experience in assembly of prototypes and subsequent testing
Our successful candidate will be a proactive individual who works well on their own initiative and as part of a collaborative team. You will have good attention to detail and problem solving skills along with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
What we offer:
We have significant growth plans and are seeking talented individuals to enhance our capabilities. There has never been a better time to join us! We can offer you the opportunity to further your career working alongside some of the best industry experts. We offer a collaborative and innovative working culture alongside a competitive salary and benefits package consisting of:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- 4 X Life Assurance cover
- Matched pension contribution scheme
- Innovation and recognition award schemes.
- Modern working environment
- Flexible working
If you and feel you have the required skills and experience to be our new Mechanical Engineer we are excited to hear from you! Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 18th September and we’ll be in touch shortly.